Long-distance relationships are hard. But with a few tips from Chloe, it might be easier to manage than you think!
- Communicate: Communication is super important in a long-distance relationship. But the one I’m referring to is the one before you jump into a long-distance relationship, you and your partner need to sit down and talk about your values as well as your goals. If you see that your guys are on the same page and if you still want to make it work over the distance, do it!
- Make time to see each other: You need to make time to see each other in person from time to time. This meet-up will serve as a temporary light at the end of tunnel that will help you survive the time that you are not seeing him/her.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff: It is essential to remember that when you get into a fight, you can’t see each other immediately to make it up. Words can be misinterpreted over texts; sentences can be misheard over your call. You need to learn to choose to let go some things.
- Remember you have the liberty to do whatever you wish to do. There are definitely bright sides in being in a long-distance, during your time apart, you can focus on your work and your studies, spend more time with friends, and visit your family.
- And if you are worried about what to get for your significant other’s birthday, Emma&Chloe is here to help with our gift subscription services. Whether you are currently studying abroad in Europe or your girlfriend/ wifey is, you can make a three month gift subscription to let her know how much you care for her!