The Met Gala 2017 has arrived!
Dubbed “fashion event of the year” and ”the Oscars of the East Coast” we bring you the glitz and glam of the biggest names in fashion. Every May, creatives and stars come together for one of the world’s most anticipated fashion events. The annual New York fundraiser takes place at the iconic Metropolitan Museum of Art. Stars walk a red carpet (this year it's white) measuring 150 feet and showcase the latest contemporary designs for the year.
A bit of fashion history..
The black tie extravaganza is a fundraising benefit for the Costume Institute (aka fashion department) and marks the grand opening of its annual fashion exhibition. This exhibition sets the tone, theme and style of the night. This year Japanese Comme des Garçons designer Rei Kawakubo, was honoured with an exhibition entitled “Rei Kawakubo Comme des Garçons: Art of the In-Between.”
Here are Emma and Chloe's favourite looks of the night!
We’re still waiting for our tickets for the 2018 MET Gala...can’t wait ;)
Delicate embezzled gowns.
Dazzling silvers and whites.
The best alternative black dress looks.
Elegant contempary textures.
Reinvented soft pink dresses.
1. Gigi Hadid wears Tommy Hilfiger
2. Kylie Jenner wears Versace
3. Blake Lively wears Atelier Versace
4. Gisele Bündchen in Stella McCartney
5. Cara Delevigne wears Chanel Couture
6. Behati Prinsloo wears Topshop
7. Mandy Moore in Michael Kors Collection
8. Kendall Jenner in La Perla
9. Hailee Steinfeld in Vera Wang
10. Emily Ratajkowski in Marc Jacobs
11. Liu Wen wears Off-White by Virgil Abloh
12. Aymeline Valade in Marni
13. Hailey Baldwin wears Carolina Herrera
14. Zoë Kravitz wears Oscar de la Renta
15. Gwyneth Paltrow Wears Calvin Klein by Appointment
16. And finally Rihanna, who wears a Fall 2016 Comme des Garçons showstopper by Rei Kawakubo.